xxiv. A sleep diary22 December 2005 at 02:03 | Posted in Circadian rhythm | Leave a comment
Tags: Sleep diary
- Functioning & mood today
- Nap(s) today (x o’clock to x o’clock)
- Evening medication(s)
- Went to bed at x o’clock
- Slept after about x minutes in bed.
- Wake period(s) during the night (x o’clock to x o’clock)
- Awakened finally by: (alarm, ‘phone, noise, spontaneously…)
- Awoke at x o’clock
- Got up at x o’clock
- Quality of sleep
- Morning medication(s)
- First bright light exposure from x o’clock
One could add, for example, exercise, caffeine consumption, arguments with spouse or whatever else seems relevant. One should be able to calculate time-in-bed asleep and time-in-bed not asleep.
Highlight the times of spontaneous awakening after at least 7 hours of sleep, as these can give an indication of your circadian rhythm(s).